Thursday, May 21, 2009

last day of high school

tomorrow will be my last day of high school. today, we had our yearbook ceremony. i surprised myself, i cried, one of the things i least expected to do. i always thought i was SO excited to get to college as quickly as i could, but now i'm not so sure.
my junior and sophomore years i half-seriously contemplated graduating a year early. but looking back on the past year, i know i chose well. i've learned and grown so much more than i ever would have had i not had these experiences. having the ward split, to having to make new friends in our newish ward, to getting more involved in the school, etc. i've gotten an extra footing on my life and on who i am. i love woburn! i love the people, the culture, the support and love i've felt here! there are so many great things about home that i'm going to miss oh so much when i go out to utah. i've always just been watching older siblings leave for college. now that it's my turn, i'm not really sure how i feel. i guess the change really hasn't sunk in yet, but when it does, it'll be hard.
anywho, tomorrow is prom so i get one last hoorah before it's all done!

6 comments:

ellen said...

I'm going to miss you! Congrats on being done with high school!!!

Lisa Michelle said...

Hope you have a wonderful time at prom -- can't wait to see pics! And congrats on finishing 12 years of public school! we're sending "yeah for Laree!" vibes your direction...!!

Cami said...

Way to live up your senior year! I can't believe your done with high school. It's been so fun to watch you grow from a cute little primary kid into a wise and beautiful adult. Good luck, and keep posting!

Anonymous said...

they all miss their mommy :)
almost as much as I still miss them!

CMHill said...

yeah how was prom?????

Swoopref said...

How many babysitters will it take to replace you? (I know, I know... there is no replacing Laree.)