Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dear Family:
 
This week has been hot still! It's tricky though because in the morning it's kind of cold so I get bundled up and then we go outside and I cook! It's great, I love it, I love fall! (CA's version of fall is definately not the same though!)
 
We had a cool bus contact about a week ago with this guy, Art. We got on the bus and I started talking to him. He told me that he really wanted to do a Bible study, well, I asked him why and he said he felt like it was what God wanted him to do. He's been looking for where to start going. I tried to explain that we're not quite a bible study, it's a little more than that, and he was all over it. He missed his stop so he could give me his info. (He doesn't live in our area so we had to refer him to the elders... :( ) Anyways, the elders were able to get in contact with him and he came to churh on sunday. it was super cool- he walked out of sacrament meeting and said "well, what other sign do I need? I know this is what God wants me to do!" He accepted a baptismal date his first lesson with the elders! There really are people like that out there. it was cool- just wish we could be the ones teaching him!
 
This week we had fun making conference invites for people. they were super legit looking. We used the picture invites from lds.org (the ones you can copy onto your facebook page, etc.) and wrote the address for the stake center and times, etc. and then laminated them. They looked so awesome. How could you not go to conference when you have an awesome invite like that! haha well, We took as much advantage of conference as we could and tried to invite everyone possible to it! I'm hoping that maybe they watched it on Lds.org :) because unfortunately no one came, but it's ok, we'll get them next time! Conference was amazing this weekend! It seemed like pretty much every talk I was thinking about how badly I wished that our investigators were there or how much I wished my recent converts or less actives were listening. The talks were all so good and faith inspiring. I love conference weekends.
 
We found out this week that internet proselyting will start in our mission this month, which means that we'll start going on Facebook, etc. to talk to our investigators, members, less actives, etc. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It seems like it'll be really weird to go back on facebook while I'm still a missionary. But, if you start noticing that my facebook starts going into spanish, it's not because some random Mexican has hijacked it, it's me- your Mexican wannabe daughter! bahaha. It'll be good though because it'll put me to the test. I've been telling members for the past year (and then some) that they should talk to their friends about the church and how important it is. Now, I have to talk to my friends and start sharing the gospel with the people I know. It's a good opportunity to learn to share the Gospel in a whole different way, and one that will make the transition from formal missionary to member missionary alot more smooth hopefully. Should be interesting, I'm excited.
 
Anyways that's been the week! love you all! church is true!
 
love,
laree/ hna. lapierre

No comments: