Tuesday, February 19, 2013

:)

Mi querida familia,
 
Congratulations mom and dad!! I'm so excited for you! That'll be so fun!   :)
 
We didn't get to e-mail yesterday because of the holiday- the library was closed, and also because...I got transferred. It was a sad Sunday saying goodbye to everyone. I was suuuuper disappointed at first, but it's good. I'm now serving in Rimgrove, which is on the east side of the mission. The work here is pretty slow, so I'm excited to change that. It seems pretty similar to how Tujunga was the first couple transfers I was there. I feel a little out of my element being in a different area, but that'll change soon I'm sure. So far, it seems that much more people speak Spanish here, which is great! (But makes me realize yet again how much work I have to do to improve my Spanish...that always seems to happen right when I think I'm getting it down.) They eat alot more Mexican food here too/ aka there's alot more Mexicans here.
Yesterday was kind of crazy because we were both leaving the area, so we had to clean and pack everything. It was insane. I have to get rid of a lot of stuff. I didn't realize how much I had until I had to pack it all. ugh. not fun. anyways, after a long series of unfortunate events, I finally found my way to Rimgrove. The saddest part of the day was getting a call from one of the members in the ward whose friend (Sonia) we just picked up as a new investigator this week. We had stopped by on Sunday to let her know that we'd be leaving and that there'd be elders coming by and she and her kids were really sad. I was too. We connected with them really quickly and were so excited to teach them. Anyways, we got a call yesterday from her friend, who is a member of the ward and she told us that Sonia didn't want to recieve any other missionaries. NOoooo!!! Ah! I was so sad. We told the elders to stop by last night so hopefully they did and made a really good impression. They're a really special family and they were so excited to learn about God. Her kids were excited about it too!

This past week was a good end to the last transfer. We were able to pick up 2 new investigators and found some really great potentials. One of the best experiences of the week was getting to visit a referral for the second time (Sonia). The first time we went over we said a prayer with them before we left, and so the second time, we were talking to the mom, and her kids kept asking us when we were going to say the prayer. They were so excited to say it. We ended up saying 3 prayers before we left because they each wanted to try! Sonia (the mom), told us that when we came the first time, she felt a weight lift- it's amazing the difference she was able to recognize with us, even before we taught her a full lesson!

I feel so grateful to have been able to serve in Tujunga. I learned alot while I was there, and am excited to put those things into action here in Rimgrove. There's alot of promising potential here. We're really excited to start finding more investigators and can't wait to get things moving.

Can't imagine how excited you must all be right now!
 
Love and miss you.
-Hna. LaPierre

No comments: